Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Hannah WIP

I recently picked up my second large batch of models. This time around I added the Hired Guns crew box, Hannah, a Strongarm, Hans, Johan, and a Teddy (for my Dreamer and Leviticus crews). They've all been assembled and now I've begun work on painting them up.




I started with Hannah, mostly because I'm anxious to see what she can do in my Leviticus crew. I'm not a huge fan of how Hannah is suspended in her chair, so I did some conversion work to turn Hannah's suit into a bodyguard automaton.The suit was capped off an head a head added. I modeled some rough texture near the top of the can to simulate coal buildup. The head is actually hinged so it can be flipped up to accept fuel.


I'm using a monochrome metal scheme because I don't want the bot completely dominating the model. It's already the largest thing on the base, so a more uniform paint scheme will kind of mute it compared to the more colorful paint job I plan to use on Hannah herself.


I'm not terribly happy with the coal build up just yet. I looks like a dark areas, but it doesn't really suggest "coal buildup" to me just yet. I'll have to keep working on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment